WELCOME TO OUR PRACTICE!
We know you have many choices when choosing a physician and we are honored that you have chosen our practice for your healthcare needs. We specialize in personalized care for the entire family and are committed to providing each patient with an exceptional level of care and attention. At Piñon Family Medicine, our dedicated staff work together as a team to provide high-quality comprehensive care. Our compassionate and understanding physicians and providers take pride in paying close attention to each of our patient’s needs.
The following information is provided to assist you with your experience at our practice.
- New Patient Packet: All new patients need to review and complete these forms prior to their first appointment:
- Patient Information form within the patient portal
- Financial Policy
- Release and Authorization for use or disclosure of PHI
All new patients need to also review these forms:
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Items to Bring to Your Appointment:
- Current medication list including vitamins, supplements, and over the counter medications
- Current insurance cards o Credit card, Debit card or cash for fees payable at the time of service, including copayments, co-insurance and unmet deductibles
- Check-in Time: It is very important that you check-in 20 minutes prior to your appointment time to begin your registration process which includes updating your demographic, insurance and health information.
- Late Arrival Policy: If you arrive more than fifteen (15) minutes late, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- Missed Appointment Fee: Failure to cancel any appointments within 24 hours (1 full business day, Mon-Fri) of your appointment may result in a $50.00 missed appointment fee.
- Co-Payment, Co-Insurance, and Account Balance Payments: Please be prepared to pay your copayments, co-insurance, unmet deductibles, and any outstanding balances due at the time of your visit. Please refer to the Financial Policy for your financial obligations as a patient.
- Communicating with our Practice: Following your visit, there are several methods to reach our staff:
- Patient Portal –
- This is a secure website for patients to communicate with our practice, request appointments, copies of medical records, receive statements and pay account balances, etc.
- This is our preferred method of communications with patients so please register for the Patient Portal as soon as possible. Ask any staff member on how you can enroll in the Patient Portal.
- Telephone – to minimize your wait time on the phone, please note that our high-volume call times are Monday all day and from 9:00 – 10:00am and 1:00 – 2:30pm daily.
- Patient Portal –
- Visit our website to see information about our practice but use the Patient Portal for SECURE communication with our practice.
- Patient Satisfaction: Your satisfaction is very important to us. Periodically you may receive a confidential, electronic survey via e-mail asking for your feedback on your care and our services. Please be sure to provide your email address to our scheduling or registration staff. Your honest feedback is appreciated so we can continue to improve our services.
- Authorization for medical treatment of a minor: Patients under the age of 18 (minors) must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian unless prior arrangements have been made. If the accompanying adult is not the patient/legal guardian, we will require a “Consent by Proxy for Minor (Permission to Treat Form)” be completed. The person bringing in the child for medical treatment will be held responsible for payment at the time services are performed.
- Dismissal from the Practice: In very rare cases, our physicians have found it necessary to sever the patient/physician professional relationship. In this situation, we notify you and your insurance plan by certified letter that you need to seek a new physician, but we will continue to provide your care for 30 days.
- After Hours Care: Patients who have an emergency should call 911 or go directly to the nearest Emergency Room. Patients may request an appointment online 24/7 through our patient portal.
Piñon Family Medicine offers no after-hours care. When the office is closed, including nights, weekends and holidays, our physicians will only be available to speak to physicians and pharmacies that are involved with our patients’ care for purposes of consultation. Medication refills, new prescriptions and telephone consultations are not made outside of office hours. If medical services are urgently needed outside of our office hours, the patient should seek immediate medical evaluation at an urgent care facility or emergency room.
Thank you for choosing Piñon Family Medicine for your medical care!